Our foodbank provides three days of nutritionally balanced, non-perishable food along with a range of fresh fruit and vegetables. All our parcels are always dependent on donations we receive.
The Trussell Trust has worked with nutritionists to ensure food parcels contains sufficient nutrition for at least three days worth of healthy, balanced meals for you and your family.
A typical food parcel includes:
- Fresh fruit and vegetables
- Bread, when available
- Breakfast cereals
- UHT milk
- Tea or coffee
- Fruit juice, when available
- Pasta and rice
- Tinned meat – for example, stews, curries, pies and corned beef
- Tinned fish – for example, sardines, tuna
- Tinned vegetables, including tinned tomatoes
- Tinned baked beans
- Tinned/packet pulses, like kidney beans, chickpeas, lentils
- Tinned fruit
- UHT puddings – for example, sponge, jelly, instant whip
- Tinned rice pudding and custard
- Sugar, biscuits and snacks
- Toilet rolls
- A range of toiletries
- Sanitary products
- A range items for babies including nappies and food
- Cat and Dog food
- Household cleaning items.
We aim to cater for a wide range of diets including vegetarian, vegan, dairy free, diabetic, coeliac, halal and medically related. We cannot cater for requests for branded items.
One of our team of volunteers will ring you to ask about you and your family’s needs. Please note that unless you are based in a hotel or staffed hostel we cannot deliver unless we have spoken to you, so ensuring you have the correct number on your voucher is important, and please answer your phone when expecting a voucher.