Our foodbank provides three days of nutritionally balanced, non-perishable food.
The Trussell Trust has worked with nutritionists to ensure food parcels contains sufficient nutrition for at least three days worth of healthy, balanced meals for individuals and families.
A typical food parcel includes:
- Breakfast cereals
- UHT Milk
- Tea or coffee
- Fruit juice when available
- Pasta and rice
- Tinned meat – for example, stews, curry’s, pies and corned beef
- Tinned fish – for example, sardines, tuna
- Tinned vegetables, including tinned tomatoes
- Tinned baked beans
- Tinned/packet pulses, like kidney beans, chickpeas, lentils
- Tinned fruit
- UHT puddings – for example, sponge, jelly, instant whip
- Tinned rice pudding
- Sugar, biscuits and snacks
- Toilet rolls
- Sanitary products.
When available we can provide nappies, toiletries, washing powder and pet food for dogs and cats.
We aim to cater for a wide range of diets including vegetarian, diabetic, coeliac, halal and medically related. We cannot cater for requests for branded items.
Please do talk to the volunteers about you and your families needs.